We would all agree that moving is one of those dreadful, pain in the butt things that we just have to grind through. Fortunately, there are a lot of great moving companies that can make life much easier through their help with the process. Whether moving down the block or to an entirely new state, here are some moving tips to help you choose the right Austin moving service.
- Get Multiple Quotes – Prices for labor, fuel, extras, etc. typically vary quite a bit with each Austin moving company. Contact at least 3 Austin moving companies for a quote so you can be sure to get the best price.
- References – An absolute must. Sometimes Austin moving companies could just be a guy with a truck that does the job on the side. You’ll want to avoid that guy if possible and the best way to make sure you have a good company is to request references and call those prior customers.
- Insured – Think about how much all of your belongings being moved cost to replace and ask the company if they have insurance, and how much value the insurance will cover.
- Special Equipment – Live in a high-rise or on the 2nd floor or higher in your current place? If you have large items to move such a pianos, hot tubs, etc., you might need a crane or some hoisting. Ask the Austin mover if they offer these types of services and the associated costs.
- Contract – Get everything for the move on paper, including the mover’s insurance, coverage policy, items to be moved,, move date, where they are being moved from and to, etc.
- Packaging – Will the Austin movers box and wrap all belongings including furniture? Be sure to ask and get this in writing if it’s something you need.
Follow these tips in order to have a peace of mind with your move. Working with a great company that has all of these bases covered will make your life a whole lot easier. Always be sure to contact multiple Austin moving companies to get the best moving service and price.